Mark Withers is recognised by Chambers as a leader in his field and together with his dedicated team, offers comprehensive legal services to meet the demands and needs of clients. His approach entails coupling a clear understanding of clients’ requirements with the technical know how required to complete complex property and development transactions.
Mark successfully works with national and regional commercial and residential developers, landowners, Local Authorities, marina operators, retailers and restaurateurs. He has extensive expertise in the following areas:
- Land acquisition and disposal;
- Negotiating and concluding option agreements;
- Joint ventures;
- Landowner and equalisation agreements;
- Planning and infrastructure agreements;
- Landlord and tenant advice relating to offices, shops, warehouses and other commercial properties;
- Investment portfolios; and
- Mixed use redevelopment schemes.
Recent work includes:
- Working on major infrastructure and development projects;
- Acting for landlords and tenants in connection with high value leasehold transactions;
- Refinancing of property portfolios; and
- Negotiating and completing site disposals in conjunction with Kickstart Gap Funding provided by the Homes and Communities Agency
Mark is known for his ability to deliver to clients schedules no matter how tight and whether strategic or transactional. Mark is supported by a team of over 40 planning, banking and commercial property lawyers.